Weather & snow report
Are you ready? For 30 km of the finest deep snow? For the 11 km long prepared ski run?
Freesports Arena Krippenstein in the Upper Austrian Salzkammergut region has been chosen by the magazine ‚SnowPlanet’ as the hot spot of the freerider scene – pushing great names such as Cortina, St. Moritz and the Arlberg into the minor positions! And as well as the runs and cliff drops, the „Stoa“, as the locals respectfully call this might mountain, is convincing with its exciting programme of outdoor events –far removed from the mainstream.
Days of Freedom in the Freesports Arena Krippenstein programme – quite simply anything goes: skiing and boarding, on and off-piste, freeride training and snow-camps, snow-shoe hikes, ski tours, ice climbing, dog sledding, paragliding. Or maybe you prefer to go down the piste on a mountain bike… or just watch the pros at one of the many spectacular events? Or what about extreme Alpine hut ‘sitting’ !!??
And here are your playgrounds:
- 30 kilometres of off piste variants
- The longest down hill in Upper Austria, at 11 kilometres
- The snow-assuredness of the Dachstein Glacier area and modern snow-making facilities
- 1500 metres altitude difference
- Brand spanking new cable car
- One hundred kilometre square high Alpine terrain for you to let off steam
- Extreme sport events that are a cut above
- Peaceful Alpine huts and lodges to relax in (or really party in)
... and ‚last but not least’ the unbelievable wild charm of the Krippenstein. You just have to see it for yourself!